Business and financial news - CNNMoney.com
From CNN and Money magazine, CNNMoney.com combines business news and in-depth market analysis with practical advice and answers to personal finance questions.
last updated: Apr 22 2014 11:33 AM
- Sales of gun silencers are booming
Civilian market for them soared 37% in 2013, overshadowing the growing market for guns.
- Grads default when co-signers can't pay
When a parent or grandparent dies or goes bankrupt, the pressure on borrowers is intense.
- Tesla to build cars in China
Elon Musk says that the electric car maker is planning to build a manufacturing facility.
- Americans back away from McDonald's
The fast food chain reports earnings that fell short of expectations as U.S. sales fell in the first quarter.
- GM accused of hiding ignition flaw in 2009
Plaintiffs lawyers argue that GM lost liability protections by concealing flawed ignition switch from bankruptcy court.
- Bitcoin for political campaigns may get ok
The Federal Election Commission on Wednesday will consider approving the use of bitcoin for political campaign contributions.
- Stocks up after good earnings, pharma deal
Investors welcome good results from Netflix, Harley and Comcast and a big pharma merger