Internet Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement
Main Office - (864) 770-1000
P. O. Box 6548
Greenville, SC 29606
Fountain Inn - (864) 862-8833
P. O. Box 1239
Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Anderson Office - (864) 224-2424
1601 N. Fant Street
P.O. Box 1848 Anderson, SC 29621
Anderson, SC 29622
GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service is available to all of our customers at no monthly charge. The Internet Banking Service allows customers to view account information and make internal transfers.
This Agreement is a contract between you and GrandSouth Bank that outlines and governs the Terms and Conditions for accessing your personal and commercial accounts via GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Services. This agreement explains the terms and conditions which govern the following Internet banking services:
- Account and Balance Inquiries
- Account Transfers
- Transaction Downloads
By using the Internet Banking Services provided by GrandSouth Bank, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement. All applicable federal laws and regulations will govern this agreement. In the event that no federal law applies, laws and regulations effective in the State of South Carolina will govern the agreement.
Some of the terms set forth in this agreement are governed by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act ("EFT Act") which is only applicable to consumers. Commercial account holders are not entitled to the rights provided under the EFT Act.
In order to use GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service, you must accept the Terms and Conditions by click on the "I Agree" button at the end of this Agreement, you agree to abide by all of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement and acknowledge your receipt and understanding of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and print a copy for your records.
The term "business day" refers to Monday through Friday, excluding Saturday, Sunday and federal banking holidays.
II. Accessing Your Accounts
In order to activate your Internet Banking Service, you must have at least one checking, savings, certificate of deposit, or loan with GrandSouth Bank.
GrandSouth Bank is entitled to act on instructions received through Internet Banking under your password and without inquiring into the identity of the person using that password. You should not, under any circumstances disclose your password by telephone or to anyone claiming to represent GrandSouth Bank. Bank employees do not need and should not ask for your password.
As a customer of GrandSouth Bank, you may access your accounts by selecting and using an Internet password (PIN) and by paying any required fees as described in this Agreement. You should keep your PIN in a secure location. Any person having access to your GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking PIN will be able to access the Internet Banking Service and perform all transactions, including reviewing account information and making transfers to other accounts which have mutual ownership. You are liable for all transactions made or authorized using your password.
If, despite the Bank's advice, you give your password to anyone, you do so at your own risk since anyone to whom you give your password or other means of access will have full access to your account(s) even if you attempt to limit that person's authority.
The first time you log on to the Internet Banking System, you will be required to create an initial access ID and password to meet the below requirements:
- The Access ID you select may be any combination of alpha/numeric characters, with a minimum of eight (8) characters and a maximum of sixteen (16) characters.
- The Password criteria is as follows:
- Minimum Password Length 8
- Maximum Password Length 16
- Number of Numeric Characters Required 1
- Number of Alpha Characters Required 1
- Passwords are case sensitive (must be entered exactly as input with upper and/or lower case characters).
- Passwords can be changed at any time by the account holders through Grand South Bank's Internet Banking Service
If you suspect that an unauthorized person has access to your password or believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use the Service without your consent or has transferred funds without your permission, you must notify GrandSouth Bank immediately.
- Call GrandSouth Bank at either location at (864) 770-1000 or (864) 862-8833 or (864) 224-2424 and tell a representative about your security concern.
- GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. excluding Federal Bank Holidays.
New services will be added to this list as they become available.
Please refer to Section VIII - Fees and Charges for Internet Banking Services. There are no additional fees or charges, other than those outlined in Section VIII, for transferring funds between accounts at GrandSouth Bank through GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking.
You may use your personal computer to:
- View account balances and transaction history
- Transfer funds from checking and savings accounts into:
- Other GrandSouth Bank checking and savings accounts which belong to you
- Loan account that belong to you
- Establish automatic transfers from one of your accounts to another (from checking and savings to checking, savings or loans)
- Download account activity to your personal computer.
Other services may be added to GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service and will be communicated to our customers as the additions are made.
III. Terms and Conditions
The first time you access any of your accounts through GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service, you confirm your agreement to abide by all the terms and conditions of this Internet Agreement and acknowledge your receipt and understanding of this disclosure.
Fees and Charges
GrandSouth Bank reserves the right to cancel your Internet service at any time without notice due to insufficient funds in one or more of your accounts. After cancellation, service may be reinstated at the discretion of the bank provided that funds are available to cover the cost of any fees and /or pending transfers. To reinstate your service, contact a GrandSouth Bank Client Representative at one of our locations.
If you do not access your accounts via GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service for any consecutive three (3) month period, GrandSouth Bank reserves the right to disconnect your service. (See paragraph above for reinstatement of service information).
You agree to be responsible for any local or long distance telephone charges or Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges that you incur by accessing your accounts via GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service.
If you wish to cancel any of your GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Services, please contact a GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Representative at one of our locations or send us cancellation instructions in writing to GrandSouth Bank, P.O. Box 6548, Greenville, SC 29606.
Hours of Accessibility
You may access GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Necessary system maintenance will be scheduled for hours during which system traffic is normally at a minimum. If the system is unavailable due to an unanticipated problem, you may use the automated voice response system (Telebanc) or a branch office (during regular business hours) to conduct your transactions.
- Balance Information - You may access any eligible GrandSouth Bank Account on which you are an owner and signer to receive transaction history and balance information. The balance and account history will show the current balance of the account, including any transactions conducted prior to the inquiry. In progress returns due to non-sufficient funds or stop payments may not be reflected in the inquiry.
- Account Information - Account balances and activity is current information. Funds transferred between related accounts is initiated on your computer using GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service and received by the bank before 4:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday will be effective on the current business day. Transfers processed on your computer using GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service and received after 4:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday or all day Saturday, Sunday and banking holidays will be effective the following business day.
- Transaction Sessions - You will be automatically disconnected from this service after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Changes to Fees, Charges and Other Terms
We reserve the right to change the fees, charges or other terms outlined in the agreement. We will notify you 30 days prior to implementation of changes, either by written notice or e-mail, and will also update this agreement, if the changes to this agreement are more restrictive than those stated in the agreement, or increase your responsibility for unauthorized transactions. In the event that a change is necessary to ensure the security of the online system, an immediate change may be necessary, and we will notify you within 30 days after the change is made by electronic or written notice. You may choose to accept or decline changes by continuing or discontinuing the services to which the changes relate. We reserve the option to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in individual situations. Changes to fees applicable to specific accounts are governed by the applicable Account Disclosure.
Disclosure of Account Information
You authorize GrandSouth Bank and any affiliates to disclose to third parties, agents, and affiliates, such as independent auditors, consultants or attorneys, information you have provided or that we or our affiliates have obtained about your accounts and the transfers you make:
- To comply with government agency requests or court orders
- To verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant
- To provide services relating to your account or to offer other products and services
- To other entities if you give us permission
Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
In addition to this Agreement, you agree to be bound by and comply with the Account Agreement and Account Disclosure, the rules and regulations of the electronic transfer system, and state and federal laws and regulations.
You, the consumer, are responsible for keeping your PIN and account data confidential. We are entitled to act on transaction instructions received using your PIN, and you agree that the use of your PIN will have the same effect as your signature, authorizing the transaction(s). If you authorize other persons to use your PIN in any manner, your authorization will be considered unlimited in amount and manner until you have notified us in writing that you have revoked the authorization, changed your PIN, and that you are responsible for any transactions made by such persons until such time as we receive and have time to act upon the notification that transfers by that person, or instructions regarding your accounts, are no longer authorized.
The Bank reserves the right to terminate or modify this agreement and modify your access to GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service in whole or in part, at any time.
The Bank may assign certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
Periodic Statements - You will get a monthly account statement from us for your checking and money market accounts.
You will get a monthly account statement from us for your savings accounts, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case, you will get a statement at least quarterly.
Notice of varying amounts - If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limites that you set.)
You must notify us immediately if you suspect that another person has improperly obtained use of your Internet password. You must also notify us if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your bank account without permission, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity related to your account. You should reveal your account number only to legitimate entities for purposes you authorize, such as automatic payments to your insurance company. To notify us, call a GrandSouth Bank Client Representative at one of our locations.
Federal law requires that if you believe your PIN has been lost, stolen or compromised and you tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Internet password without your permission.
Please tell us AT ONCE if you believe your PIN has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. If you do not notify us promptly, it is possible that you could lose all the money in your Account, plus any maximum overdraft line of credit. To notify us, call a GrandSouth Bank Client Representative at one of our locations.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, and we could have stopped someone from taking money without your permission had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
If your statement shows withdrawals, transfers or purchases that you did not make or authorize, please notify us at once. If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after the paper or Internet statement was sent to you, and we could have stopped someone from taking money if you had told us in time, you may not get back any money lost after the sixty (60) days. If extenuating circumstances such as a confirmed extended trip or hospital stay kept you from telling us, the time periods in this section will be extended.
If you believe that there is an error regarding your account in conjunction with GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service it should be handled as follows:
- Call GrandSouth Bank and tell a representative about the problem at one of our locations.
- Send a fax (770) 770-1081, Attention: GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Representative and tell us the details of the problem, or
- Write a letter and mail it to GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Department, P.O. Box 6548, Greenville, SC 29606 and tell us the details of the problem.
We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send the paper statement or electronic statement on which the problem or error in questions occurred. If you notify us verbally, we will require that you send us your problem in writing within ten (10) business days.
When you write us about your problem, please:
- Include your name and account number(s).
- Describe the error or transaction in question, and explain why you believe it to be an error.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If the problem involves a bill payment, tell us the checking account number used for payment, the payees name, date for which the payment was scheduled, payment amount, and any applicable payee account number or reference number.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you, and we will correct any error within one business day. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will recredit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and if we do not receive it within 10 business days, we do not need to recredit your account while we complete our investigation. If we determine that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents used in our investigation. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your Bank account on time, or in the correct amount, according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer or loan payment.
- If a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
- If your account is closed or if it has been frozen.
- If a hold has been placed on your account for uncollected funds.
- If the transfer or payment would cause the account to become overdrawn beyond the balance of account plus any overdraft protection.
- If you, or anyone you allow, commits fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the electronic funds transfer system is not working properly.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, hurricane, improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party) prevent the transfer or loan payment, despite reasonable precautions taken by us.
VI. Limitations on Bank Liability
We will not be responsible for the following incidents, errors or failures:
We will not be responsible for failure to provide access or for interruptions in access to GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts or circumstances.
Your Computer Equipment or Software
We will not be responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any computer virus or other problems related to your computer equipment used with GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service.
We are not responsible for any error, damages or other losses you may suffer due to the malfunction or misapplications of any system you use, including your browser (Microsoft Explorer® , Netscape Navigator® , or otherwise), you Internet Service Provider (ISP), your personal financial management or other software (such as Quicken® , or Microsoft Money® ), or any equipment you may use (including your telecommunications facilities, computer hardware and modem) to access or communicate with GrandSouth Bank's Internet Banking Service.
VII. Other Provisions
With your consent, we may send notices to you by electronic mail (e-mail). You may use e-mail to contact us about inquiries, maintenance, and/or some problem resolution issues. E-mail may not be a secure method of communication. We therefore recommend that you do not send confidential personal or financial information by e-mail. There may be times when you need to speak with someone immediately, especially to report a lost or stolen PIN, or to stop a payment. In these cases, do not use e-mail. Instead call a GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Representative at one of our locations, during regular business hours, Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., excluding Federal Bank Holidays.
Warranty and Software Limitations
Neither we, nor any or our Subsidiaries, any software supplier nor any information providers make any warranty, express or implied, to you concerning the software, equipment, browser or other services including, but not limited to, any warranty of Merchant Ability or Fitness for particular purpose (or non-infringement of third-party rights), unless disclaiming such warranty is prohibited by law.
Hours of Operation
Our Banking Representatives are available to help you Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., excluding Federal Bank Holidays.
Ownership of Website
The content, information and offerings on our website are owned by Grand South Bank, and the unauthorized use, reproduction, linking or distribution of any portions are strictly prohibited.
The GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Services described in this Agreement and available on our website are solely offered to citizens and residents of the United States of America currently residing in the United States. Citizens and residents outside the United States may not be able to access the GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Service.
Scope of Agreement
This Agreement represents our complete agreement with you relating to our provision of the GrandSouth Bank Internet Banking Services. No other statement, oral or written, including language contained in our website, unless otherwise noted, is a part of this agreement.
VIII. Fees and Charges
|Internet Banking ||No charge|
|Internet Bill Payment||$5.95 - 15 items |
$0.50 per item after 15
3 Months Free
|Internet Bill Payment Check Copy||not currently offered|
|Nonsufficient Funds/Overdraft Charge||$30.00|
|View check images||Viewing check images First 15 images per statement cycle - no charge |
$ 0.50 for each additional image